HypnoBirthing ® Classes are taught in a format of five, 2-1/2 hour classes. If you are very near to your birthing time, occasionally your Practitioner can make special arrangements for individual classes with you. Pre-registration is required for private and group classes.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing ® Classes:
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
- What’s wrong with labor as it exists with most other childbirth methods
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nuture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labor enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
Class 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing ® philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Class 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Class 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Class 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Fees: (includes book and cd or MP3 download)
- In Office – $385
- Private Home – $525
- Group Classes – $315
Call to enroll in one of the next 2016 Group Classes:
- Tues., Jan. 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb. 2 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed., Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24, Mar. 2 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Tues., Mar. 15, 22, 29, April 5, April 12 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed., April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed., May 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed., Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed., Oct. 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9, 16 — 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
For questions and/or pre-registration call: 262-264-0214